Skip to main content
University of Arkansas-Pulaski Technical College
Libraries Home | Ask a Librarian | Find Books | Find Articles
Open Source, Customizable
What is ConneXions?
- Click here to go directly to the ConneXions site
- Started by Rice University.
- Use the concept of Create, Rip, Mix & Burn. Create material, Rip material created by others, Mix it up, and Burn it or finalize it for your students.
- Supports k-12, community colleges, universities, continuing education, and industrial training settings.
- By Mixing & Matching modules, you can create textbooks, lab manuals, etc.
- Quality control - the system is similar to academic peer review so that users can decide what is high quality based on local standards, and faculty can search by vetted materials. Source
Rice University professor Richard Baraniuk explains the vision behind Connexions and its open, customizable course materials.
Have a question? Ask A Librarian.