When using these databases from off campus, you will be asked to log in with your PTC Portal username and password.
UALR / Pulaski County Law Library is the major law library in Central Arkansas. PTC students are encouraged to visit the Law Library for supplemental resources.
The UALR Law Library has developed wonderful Research Guides to show you how to research in the different books and other resources in their library.
WestLawNext certifications is a free resource designed to improve your online legal research skills, and you can add it to your resume!
3. On the left under "Certification", choose either Research More Efficiently or Research More Productively and work through any six (6) of the self-paced lessons to activate the quizzes. When a lesson is completed, the corresponding quiz will be activated. You can take the quizzes multiple times. You must score at least 70% on the quiz to earn a certificate.
4. A printable certificate will be available to you upon successful (at least 70% correct) completion of the quizzes.
LexisNexis is a PTC Libraries research database providing national and international newspapers; legal and medical research; and reference (country and state profiles, polls and surveys, biography, and quotations).
LexisNexis Paralegal Student Certification consists of five 60-minute webinars and online quizzes designed to improve your online legal research skills, and you can add it to your resume!
1. Create a free account at lexisnexis.com/university. You do not need to enter an account code because you are not a subscriber.
Note: you must take Module 1: Introduction to LexisNexis.com and LexisNexis Advance before taking any of the other modules.
3. You will receive email confirmation of your registration, which includes instructions for accessing the webinar on the date/time it is scheduled.
4. A printable certificate of completion will be made available to you at the end of each Module.
Have a question? Ask A Librarian.